Monday, May 21, 2012

Autobiography Post

Hello, my name is Gregory Ross and I serve as Brigadier General in the Marine Corps. I was born March 27th 1944. I was drafted on my eighteenth birthday and soon enough I was thrown into the battle field. By nineteen I served as Major and on my twenieth birthday I was finally promoted to the position I am in now. I have a wife named Thelma Ross and a brother named Mason Adam Ross. Ever since I could remember I've always raised my brother. He's only a year younger than me but acts like a child. My brother and I don't see eye to eye on the war and he often wonders why I decided to join. Before I was ashamed of my brother, I always thought he was a coward for not fighting just as the men in our family had but now I'm starting to understand him. I just wish I could tell him that before I die out here. Before I got to Vietnam I thought I knew why I wanted to join; to serve my country just as my father and grandfather had but once I got here I started to realize I'm fighting a war with no point. I can't let my men know that's how I feel.Although it's hard to believe, I rose through the ranks without much of a problem. My daily life consists of protecting my comrades and praying to God I stay alive. My job puts an enormous amount of stress on me and I reminse on times of peace and being at home with my wife. She's a nurse and is probably the most compassinate women I've ever met. All the men tell me how lucky I am to have a women I'm coming home to. I can't even count how many Charlies I've killed; they all start to look the same. Everyday I see my men die out here and I can't help but feel angry at the United States for getting involved with this stupid war. I just wish I had a reason to keep fighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment