Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Blog Entry #6

Today was the first time talking to my brother in a long time. I was suprised when he wrote to me, discussing his view on our complicated relationship. I wondered what the effect the war had on him; and me being out here in Vietnam. He informed me on how Thelma was doing and how dad was. He talked about how dad was dissapointed in him for not joining as well. It was a bitter sweet suprise. Right as I began writing back to him, an air raid went off. I was running for my dear life, firing back at the Viet Cong that shot at us. I saw my fellow comrades falling down to the ground and not getting up. I just kept running and didn't even bother to look back anymore. I was running as fast as I could to get out of this place. I could make it, I kept telling myself that. All I thought of was my brother and how he needed me to take care of him and to help pay his debts to the police station for all his protests. If I died, who would help him brush his hair and listen to him sing his strange songs? I could live without seeing anyone else but my brother, I knew I'd need to see him just one more time. While running and thinking, I saw this Charlie beating this young Vietnamese man asking him where the Amercians were hiding. The man was crying and claiming he didn't know any Amercians and to take it easy he had to provide for his mom. I aimed my rifle up, pointed it in his direction and fired. I have to admit, I didn't believe I'd actually hit him. But I did; a perfect temple shot. The young man screamed and cried while the lifeless body of the Viet Cong laid there. Normally I wouldn't care much for this people but this one young man reminded me so much of Mason. Am I going insane out here? I heard my platoon coming up from behind me and I assessed the damage.

1 comment:

  1. Aura Alfonso, Per: 05

    I like Teena's blog because it actually seems realistic. The blog has a good story and stays consistent with it. It does touch some emotions and you feel sadness as you read. It also isn't simple, the paragraphs have ton of detail. You can tell she took her time on this. Good job, Teena!!

    ReplyDelete